Monday, December 26, 2011

What a day -12/26/11

So today was a little overwhelming, but I survived, just like all of the other tough days.  It started by being able to pull tufts of hair out of my head with merely a gently tug and I knew the inevitable had arrived.  Then in the afternoon we went to watch "We Bought a Zoo" -- a movie that I expected to be inspiring and uplifting and I cried through almost the entire thing.  I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone, but Matt Damon and his two children are six months out from losing their wife and mother to breast cancer.  It was so difficult for me to watch them grieve and struggle to move on and be happy again--pretty much my greatest fears coming to life on the big screen.  The day ended with my husband shaving my head.  We both agree that it was one of the hardest things we've ever had to do.  I'm not going to lie-I had teardrops falling on my accumulating pile of hair on the floor.  But now that it's done, I feel a huge sense of relief and my head looks much better than I expected.  And I have to say, I look a lot more the same than I do different, and that makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Anne:
    I am so sorry that your day was so awful. There are no words to adequately convey how sad your new status makes me. I am once again, so very impressed with your incredible strength...you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete