Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday 12/22

I have to go in for lab work today to keep track of my blood cell counts.  The chemo nurse told me that Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week would be my most susceptible time for infection since my white blood cell count would be at my lowest.  Hopefully the Neulasta shot will keep me healthy.  I've been washing my hands very carefully too.
I had a great visit with my parents.  It was nice to have some company and we went on a drive to see Christmas lights, watched the boys play basketball, and finished up some Christmas shopping.  I am feeling somewhat back to normal and I hope it continues for the next two weeks, although I guess losing my hair isn't exactly the definition of "normal!"  I am getting nervous and yet strangely curious about being bald.  I haven't noticed any hair loss except normal shedding yet but my scalp is still itching and sensitive so I'm sure it's inevitable.  I just hope my head doesn't look like Sloth from the Goonies!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment