The good news is that I am completely exhausted after a weekend trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee to watch my husband row at The Head of the Hooch. We had such a great time and beautiful weather, but of course the surgery is always in the back of my mind. I have gone from completely ready and pumped to no, seriously this can't be tomorrow, to I really, really don't want to do this, to I can't wait to (hopefully) be cancer free and back and forth between all of those feelings again. It didn't help to have my pre-surgery appointment on Friday and have my surgical markings drawn on me with a thick black sharpie!
Tonight we are unpacking and trying to get organized for tomorrow. My parents are coming up for the week. The boys seem okay with the fact that my surgery is tomorrow. They are exhausted too, so I think it helps at least for tonight. We have to be at St. Vincent's at 12 pm tomorrow for my 1 pm surgery. I can't eat anything for 8 hours before my surgery, so guess who's getting up at 4 am to eat?! Heck yeah! Again, thank you for all of the prayers, gifts, cards, emails, etc. It really makes me feel like I can do this...I will try to have my husband post for me tomorrow if I am not able to and let you all know how the surgery turned out.
No comments:
Post a Comment