Thank you for my delicious dinners so far- steak rolls, pizza and vegetable tray, and tacos with all of the fixings tonight! I hope you all know how much we appreciate it and the future dinners to come next week! A first grade class made me get well soon cards and they were so precious to look through. I love the "You r nis" and the "I wish you wher no't sick today." My neighbor made me a beautiful framed picture of our children together wearing "I wear pink for my Mom" and "I wear pink for my friend" shirts. It was such a great idea. My sister-in-law made me a bag for after my surgery that says "I fought like a girl and won!" I can' believe all of you and your generosity.
My official pathology report should be done tomorrow on the breast that was removed. I hope there are no surprises. The surgeon said that my tumor will most likely be sent for an Oncotype which is a 21 gene test done on the tumor. It provides a score for the chance of recurrence and gives a direction about the need for chemotherapy. Everything is still looking good as far as most likely not needing chemo, but I know the doctors want to be thorough . That test takes 2 weeks to complete. I am so grateful that I am healing versus still waiting for surgery! My new exercises went well today, actually felt better than I expected. I was able to back off on my pain medicine this afternoon but I am hurting a little more tonight, especially when I fell asleep and my dog barked and I jumped really hard. Ouch!
No comments:
Post a Comment