Monday, October 31, 2011
Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you have all had a fun day. I haven't updated in a while, so I just wanted to let you all know how I am doing. I have three days left of work before starting my medical leave on Friday. I also have three Zumba classes left-that's the hard one because I have no idea how long it's going to be until I can return to high impact classes or if it will ever feel the same to shake it asymmetrically! It's a catch 22 because I am thankful to have such wonderful and amazing women that are waiting for me to get back to teaching, but I am trying to not feel too much pressure at the same time. Anyway, I had a final appointment with my surgeon last Thursday to finalize just doing the right-sided mastectomy and it went very well. I stopped by the breast boutique at the St. Vincent's breast center to get a post-mastectomy camisole that has pockets inside for the drains and such. That was a reality check, but I was happy that at least I wasn't shopping for a wig. I have my final appointment with the plastic surgeon on Friday to do pre-surgical markings, and then I am expected to be at St. Vincent's at 11 am on Monday. I am still getting surprises, cards, and presents daily and it really makes a difference feeling so much love and support, so thank you to each and every one of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment