Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Unfortunately I have a plan
Because of my age and my mri results and my risk of recurrence, my surgeon recommended a mastectomy at my appointment. Not only a mastectomy, but most likely a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. He said that if it was his wife or his daughter, that's what he would do. Wow...I did not expect to come to this conclusion when I found my lump. I am trying really hard to keep a positive attitude about this--really hard. I have to keep telling myself that my life is much more important than my breasts. I am scared and sad and I don't want to go through this. There is no other way to put it. I will find out tomorrow about my consult with the plastic surgeon. What a crappy exhausting day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So so very sorry Anne. ((((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteTammy
Love you, Anne. Bighug.
ReplyDeleteAnne,
ReplyDeleteThis is actually Susie. I am don't have a google account. I am really sorry. This is a lot to digest and I know you weren't expecting this. One day at a time sweetie. We will all help you get through this!!