After reading all kinds of research and position papers, Ryan and I decided to go ahead and get a second opinion just to make sure we are making the best surgical decision possible. So we have the appointment Thursday for that- that makes two plastic surgery consults and a second breast surgeon consult next week plus the boys have their check-ups on Tuesday! Don't you love doctor's office waiting rooms? Good thing I already got my flu shot! I am going to have all of my insurance information memorized by the end of this week.
So my frustration for today is research. It's so hard to try to find statistics for a specific situation, and even then, I feel like statistics have failed me once so I have a hard time believing them. I did a very detailed breast cancer risk assessment tool before I was diagnosed and according to the results, I had a 99.8% chance of not getting breast cancer this year. I guess I feel that if nothing can explain me getting breast cancer this time, what's to prevent it from recurring? I think next week will be very interesting, and I only hope that I come out of next week with more answers than questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment