Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday, October 1st

So here is my theory on my breast cancer diagnosis.   I have no doubt that my thoughts and feelings will be constantly changing on my road to recovery, but I have spent the last 10 days pondering the question of why me, how could this happen, and are you kidding me?  I have heard many a person tell me, "If you can get breast cancer, then anybody could.  You're the healthiest person I know."  Others have said that it's a good reminder that we are not in complete control of our lives-something that I feel I have never become complacent about, especially after having children.  I definitely don't see it as a punishment-I've worked hard to be a good person.  So I figure that maybe God has chosen me to bear this burden.  He must think that I am strong enough and positive enough to make it through this battle victoriously and graciously, maybe saving a few other women along the way.  I feel blessed that if that's what I have been asked to do, at least it was caught early.
So today, any of you who are reading this, appreciate your body.  Love your breasts, even if they sag.  :)  or maybe I should say  UU.  And your hair...my family all has difficult hair that is a hot mess to deal with, but love it-it's yours and if you are faced with the risk of it all falling out you will never look in the mirror the same way, I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment