I did hear back after all today with some dates for my surgery. As of now I have a plastic surgery consult next Friday, Oct. 21st for my reconstruction and my surgery is scheduled for November 9th. Four weeks from today- it seems reasonable but at the same time I am constantly worrying about keeping cancer in my body for that much longer. My husband got another great plastic surgery referral at work today and I am going to see if their office would be able to schedule any sooner. I figure it can't hurt to ask, right?!
I am having a much better day mentally. I even made it through the day without crying once. I am feeling much better about the surgery and although I am still scared, I strongly feel that it's the right decision. Thank you to everyone for your cares, concerns, and hugs. Extra props to my husband for making all kinds of phone calls to help me out today and to my friend for stepping up and running the HOA meeting for the neighborhood tonight!!!
The number 9 in Chinese means "forever" so I think November 9 means it is your life-saving, life forever day. Also, I am off that Friday Nov. 11 so if you want some TLC and help around the house, I will be there! xoxoxo
ReplyDeletewhew...a lot to digest for everyone Anne, but I know it's not easy to deal with. There's a Winston Churchill quote that I've always loved that feels applicable here. "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." And, in this case, my dear, I truly believe that you have everything it takes to overcome this disease and live life to the fullest with all 3 of your boys!! Candace and I will be there for you for WHATEVER you'll need and know that you're in my prayers. Love you.
ReplyDeleteFIGHT LIKE A GIRL! You will get through this and we will be with you every step of the way. You are truly blessed in SO many ways. Trust in the great team that is with you: doctors, nurses, husband & other family, friends!
ReplyDelete