Monday, January 30, 2012
Eye doctor appointment
So I went to an eye specialist this afternoon about my tearing eyes. He confirmed what he suspected which is narrowing of the tear ducts from the Taxotere that I am taking. It was not pleasant to have a blunt needle put in my tear duct and have saline squirted down my throat. I had to be told several times during the visit not to blot my eyes with a tissue-I wanted to say, "Let me guess-you've never had eyes that constantly water!" I guess it's bad for watering eyes to blot them dry because it soaks up even more tears and watery eyes are actually caused by dry eyes trying to make more moisture. I am supposed to try rewetting drops for 6 weeks and see if stopping the chemo (after my final treatment) and the drops help. If not, I will have a procedure that opens up the tear ducts. Great...six more weeks of looking like I am crying and like I am really sick when I actually feel quite good. I really hope it corrects itself because I am tired of all of these procedures!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment