September 14th, 2011
It's the day after Brady's 7th birthday and I bring my concern to my doctor, who is my friend. I was a little upset by the fact that she said "Yeah, I don't like that," after feeling the lump and offered me no reassurance whatsoever. Looking back, I guess it's a good thing that she didn't tell me that I would be fine considering she didn't know. I am starting to panic a little now that I have a mammogram, ultrasound, and biopsy ordered. When she called the next morning with my appointment, I was frustrated that it couldn't be scheduled until next Tuesday. I hung up the phone at work and cried.
I felt better after sharing my concerns with my co-workers. I was surprised at how many women have been through this scare and come out okay. In the back of my mind though, I was thinking that somebody has to make up the 15-20% in the other category. It's amazing how I think sometimes you just know.
No comments:
Post a Comment